Weapons offenses are treated quite harshly in Camden, New Jersey and throughout the state. Our gun control regulations are very strict. If you or someone you love has been charged with any one of the multiple weapons violations identified in the New Jersey Criminal Code, the ramifications can be severe and long lasting. At JFM Criminal Defense Firm, we are fully aware of what’s at stake and we are committed to offering you the most vigorous defense possible.
Weapons Offenses Law in Camden County, New Jersey
The New Jersey Code defines all weapons offenses as felonies. You may be charged with a weapons violation for any of the following circumstances:
- You were in possession of a prohibited weapon (i.e. silencer, stun gun, defaced firearm).
- You meant to commit a crime with a weapon, such as assault or robbery.
- You had a legally permitted weapon, but did not possess the required permit or license for it.
- You had a weapon, even though your specific circumstances or background prevent you from legally possessing any firearm.
Many factors affect the degree and seriousness of the charges; likewise the potential penalties. Your case will be handled by the Criminal Division of the New Jersey Superior Court, Camden Vicinage. In most cases, jail time is a very real possibility. There’s an overwhelming number of weapons offenses charges in New Jersey. Our attorneys provide criminal defense services for the following weapons violations, as well as many others.
- Illegal Weapons
- Possession of a Weapon for Unlawful Purposes
- Possession of a Handgun Without a New Jersey License or Permit
- Unlawful Possession of a Weapon
- Possession of a Weapon During the Commission of a Crime
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Possession of a stolen or unregistered gun
- Juvenile Weapons Charges
- BB, Pellet & Airsoft Guns
About JFM Criminal Defense Firm
At the JFM Criminal Defense Firm, we have one of the largest legal defense teams in the state. The combined criminal law experience of our attorneys exceeds 100 years. We operate as a team to protect your rights when you are charged with a weapons offense, and use all of our skills and knowledge to help you avoid a felony conviction and mandatory prison sentence. The seasoned counsel and defense we offer will guide you through the overwhelming criminal law system, while utilizing the insight we have gained through prior experience as New Jersey prosecutors.
When facing New Jersey’s harsh weapons offenses laws, you need a team of experienced criminal lawyers to mount a successful defense. Call on the Camden JFM Criminal Defense Firm for your best chance. Our firm is available at 856-662-8300 day or night.